In this blog post, I want to share with you a beautiful piece of calligraphy that I made based on a bible scripture verse from psalm 46:10. The verse says: “Be still and know that I am God”. I think this is a powerful and comforting message that we all need to hear in these challenging times.
Calligraphy is the art of writing letters in a graceful and elegant way. It can be done with different tools, such as pens, brushes, or nibs. Calligraphy can also be done in different styles, such as cursive, italic, or gothic. I chose to use a brush pen for this project because I like how it creates thick and thin strokes depending on the pressure and angle of the pen.
To make this calligraphy piece, I followed these steps:
1. I wrote the verse in pencil on a piece of paper, using a simple font as a guide. I made sure to leave enough space between the words and letters.
2. I traced over the pencil lines with a black brush pen, adding some flourishes and curves to make it more decorative. I also varied the size and thickness of the letters to create contrast and emphasis.
3. I erased the pencil marks and added some color to the letters with watercolor pencils. I used blue and green shades to create a calming effect.
4. I blended the colors with a wet brush and let it dry completely.
5. I cut out the calligraphy piece and glued it on a white cardstock background.
And that’s how I made this beautiful calligraphy piece based on psalm 46:10. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and learned something new. If you want to see more of my calligraphy work, you can follow me on Instagram @calligraphybyjane. Thank you for reading and God bless you!