> Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.
This verse was spoken by God to Joshua, the successor of Moses, who was about to lead the Israelites into the promised land. God knew that Joshua would face many challenges, enemies, and difficulties along the way. He also knew that Joshua needed His presence, guidance, and strength to overcome them.
God’s command to Joshua was not a suggestion or a wish. It was a firm and clear instruction that came with a promise. God wanted Joshua to be strong and courageous, not because of his own abilities or resources, but because of God’s power and faithfulness. God assured Joshua that He would be with him wherever he went, and that He would never leave him nor forsake him.
This verse is not only relevant for Joshua, but for all of us who follow God today. We may not be facing physical battles or enemies, but we still have to deal with spiritual warfare, temptations, trials, and uncertainties in our lives. We may feel afraid, discouraged, or overwhelmed by the situations we face or the decisions we have to make.
But God’s command and promise to Joshua still apply to us. He wants us to be strong and courageous in Him, not in ourselves. He wants us to trust Him and rely on Him, not on our own wisdom or understanding. He wants us to remember that He is with us wherever we go, and that He will never leave us nor forsake us.
So how can we be strong and courageous in our daily lives? Here are some practical steps we can take:
– Read and meditate on God’s word regularly. God’s word is our source of truth, wisdom, and encouragement. It reminds us of who God is, what He has done for us, and what He has promised us. It also helps us to resist the lies and attacks of the enemy.
– Pray and seek God’s will in everything. Prayer is our way of communicating with God and expressing our dependence on Him. It also helps us to align our hearts and minds with His will and purposes. We can pray for His guidance, protection, provision, and strength in every situation we face.
– Obey God’s commands and follow His instructions. Obedience is our way of showing our love and trust in God. It also helps us to experience His blessings and favor in our lives. We can obey God by following His moral laws, His specific directions, and His leading through the Holy Spirit.
– Worship God and praise Him for who He is and what He has done. Worship is our way of honoring and glorifying God. It also helps us to focus on His greatness and goodness rather than on our problems or fears. We can worship God by singing songs of praise, giving thanks, offering sacrifices, or serving others.
– Fellowship with other believers and encourage one another. Fellowship is our way of sharing life and faith with other Christians. It also helps us to grow in love, unity, and maturity as the body of Christ. We can fellowship with other believers by attending church services, joining small groups, or participating in ministry activities.
These steps are not easy or natural for us to do. They require faith, humility, and commitment on our part. But they are essential for us to be strong and courageous in God.
Remember that God is not asking us to do something that He has not already done for us. He has shown us His strength and courage by sending His Son Jesus Christ to die for our sins and rise from the dead. He has given us His presence and power by sending His Holy Spirit to live in us and guide us. He has secured our future and hope by preparing a place for us in heaven.
So let us be strong and courageous in Him today!